Thursday, August 16, 2007

Rumors, rumors

Today I saw a post on the Rumor Queen site that "the person who hands out LOAs in on vacation this week."

This is entertaining to me on a several levels. First, the mere fact that there is only one person doing this job kind of gives me a giggle (while it simultaneously makes me a little depressed). Second, is there no one else at the CCAA who can sign documents and drop them in the mail? Surely this is a job that someone else can be trained to do. Then again, there is a lot to be said for job security (I'm in the middle of my tenure review...so this particular point is not lost on me). Finally, the vacationing is seemingly constant at this agency! I want to work at the CCAA. And I think they'd be happy to have me--as I write this from my office, where I am technically not being paid to be, but probably will be, for the next seven weeks (I know, I shouldn't really be complaining about probably underpaid employees at the CCAA taking a week off here and there when I get nearly 3 months off per calendar year).

Oh well, C'est la vie. We'll just hope for some good news next week!

No comments: