A couple of TAs trickled in yesterday and today, and there is a package on its way to our agency, but no one knows (or will say) what's inside. It has probably arrived in Utah, but everyone at the office has likely gone home for the weekend (how dare they go home before 7:00 p.m. on a Friday!!!!).
Mondays are always good days in adoptionland.
In the meantime, I'm sending our darling another care package. I've ordered six dozen "cleft bottles" for her orphanage. Lord knows how much it will cost me to ship them (I had to have them delivered to my house first). I know there is at least one other child at Wanzhou who has an unrepaired cleft palate. Cleft bottles have a special tip that makes getting the liquid out easier. Having a cleft in your palate makes sucking virtually impossible, which is why these kids are at risk for malnutrition.
1 comment:
I know what you mean about Mondays being god in adoption land, we got our referral, and then our LOA each on Mondays. Hope the same holds true with TA.
I got my fingers crossed for Nora's LOA to arrive on Monday. I was just wondering, can you tell me where you found the cleft bottles?
Hugs,
Jonni
Post a Comment