Friday, August 24, 2007

Oh how I hate the weekends!

I never thought I'd write that, but it's become a truth. I just pass the time as best I can until Monday comes, with more news! This was a great week for a lot of families, so I shouldn't whine. We'll be able to celebrate soon, and I have plenty to keep me busy.

For instance, I've been convinced by a far more creative mom than I to get going on a scrapbook for Nora. This has actually been great fun (now that I'm over my initial fear of glue sticks). Putting all of Nora's things in one place almost feels like "cleaning," so it seems like a perfectly reasonable, and even productive, thing to do when I don't feel like working on my tenure portfolio.

Also, I've been weeding the "therapy wall" as my husband calls it. I had the therapy wall built at the end of last fall, to replace the grassy double black diamond hillside that was my side yard and lawnmowing nightmare. It's a south-facing, two-terrace stone wall, so now I have a couple hundred square feet more garden to manage--which I love. It's beautiful. It's cathartic. It's the therapy wall. My husband says there is a flower for every day we've been waiting for our LOA--he doesn't know the half of it.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I can't wait to watch you go and bring Nora home. I cannot find your email address. Can you email me? I have some suggestions for you as you wait. As you know, we just came home with our Wanzhou baby on May 31st. I have some suggestions that are important when traveling to get a baby from Wanzhou. :) karenellard3 @ yaho.com
www.mom2my4.com