There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer and the morning more fragrant than ever again. ~Elizabeth Lawrence
Wednesday, February 7, 2007
Beginning to let go...
...of all of our documents. It was a strange feeling to hand everything over to the agency. Our file is on its way to the Consulate via courier for its final authentication. I have been looking at our documents for weeks, scrutinizing the state seals, organizing them in our green adoption binder. I even met our adoption coordinator for tea last week so she could scrutinize the state seals (incidentally, she has a three-year-old daughter adopted from China who is a hoot). I must be having document separation anxiety. They are fine. They are gone and they will be fine. They are on the first leg of their long journey to bring home our daughter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment