Here are the things she MUST do by herself:
Put on her socks. Put on her "baby zoey" underwear. Get into the bathtub. Pick out the eggs at the grocery store. Push the cart at the grocery store. Take things out of the cart at the grocery store. Turn on the television. Turn off the television. Wash her hair. Put on her shoes/slippers/boots. Brush her teeth. Wash her hands. Put on her sunscreen. Put on my sunscreen. Read books. Cut paper. Get into the car. Buckle her carseat. Unbuckle her booster seat. Comb her hair. Get into her toddler bed. Go up the stairs. Come down the stairs. Turn on/off the lights.
I could go on, but I'm tired just thinking about it.
Here is a picture of her getting ready to start her new puzzle all by herself (I don't know if I ever posted this, but 6 months ago, she could not do a simple, 3 piece shape puzzle at her early intervention eligibility evaluation. In fact, she HATED the puzzle part of the assessment). Anyway, I got her a regular 12-piece puzzle last weekend and she figured it out after I showed it to her once.
And here she is (still a little sick) showing me her puzzle and having a little bit of trouble with perspective taking:
Two adorable things she said this weekend:
"Mommy, Nora not happy more. Nora tummy hurts." (after the flu, we got hit with a stomach bug--or fermented apple cider, one or the other).
And tonight while in the bath, she said, "Thank you, mommy, help Nora sing." Then I said "Thank you Nora, for helping mommy sing!" And then she said "Welcome mommy."
Is there no end to her adorableness? Oh, and thank you Janet for the fancy-dancy-pink-sparkle-bag that has to go EVERYWHERE!

1 comment:
We all want our kids to do things by themselves, but she sounds exhausting!! What a great trait for her to have though. She is also so very cute!!!
Amy in Arizona
www.chinacaboose.blogspot.com
Post a Comment