Sunday, July 27, 2008

We all survived

Nora did great without me! We talked on the phone twice/day and John kept her very busy with birthday parties, bike rides, and crab boils.

Unfortunately, while I was gone, someone snuck into my house and replaced my daughter with Linda Blair. Seriously, when this kid has a tantrum, she actually throws up and her head all but spins 360 degrees. She has entered the terrible twos. Full on. Sometimes (when I'm having a really good mom day) I want to say "You go girl! Don't give in. You just cry until you get your way or you pass out." Most times, though, I want to tap my heels and make her disappear.

Luckily, I have a "tantrum plan" already in place. I ignore her. This doesn't actually make her go away (or make her stop screaming), but it keeps my blood pressure down and I don't have to apologize for anything later when Nora is SO SO SO cute that I want to kiss her from head to toe.

More concrete evidence of cuteness:



Poor baby had her first fever last week:


Yes. She LOVES to floss.


Making pizza with daddy.


Here is the "true love" series:




I know this one is blurry, but my god she is adorable (and mercifully quiet) when she sleeps.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kim,

She is so, so, so stunning. Just can't wait to meet her.

Love,
Sarah

GGAdventures said...

AnLi was the Queen of Tantrumville at 2. It gets better, believe me!

Nora is adorable! Love all of the pics and so glad you updated. Spicy and sweet, that's what we have also. Love the pic of her kissing daddy.