Our visas arrived today. I wasn't even expecting them; it was a nice surprise. We are hoping we'll get our Travel Approval (TA) from China next week, but it might not come until the following week. Next week would be good. Then we could buy our airline tickets a couple of weeks in advance. We are hoping to travel from 12/13 or 12/14 until just after Christmas. That would be ideal for us. I've already bought some cute Christmas outfits for Nora that I think will fit; they are small. The trick will be getting her to wear them!
Here are some pictures of the nursery, which, I realize, is not as exciting as the Pottery Barn Kids version ;-)
I don't think real people have such gorgeous nurseries. I think most people dream of fancy nurseries and then end up with very functional nurseries. That is the story I am telling myself, because Nora has a very functional nursery. Crib. Bed (for me to sleep in when she is upset and needs me). Bookshelf. Rug. No dresser yet.
Here is a view of Nora's crib and purple rug:
Here is a close up of her crib with the bedding I got at the consignment shop:
And the packing has begun!
My "baby" who is about to lose her status:
2 comments:
How are you going to get all that stuff to China? This is the question I've always pondered while looking at people's packing lists... I just can't picture a suitcase large enough!
You'll have to post step-by-step photos those of us who are packing challenged.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITING! Oh my gosh! And I love the nursery...beautiful, adorable and just waiting for one more thing to make it perfect...MISS NORA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment